What personal data we hold on you and other officers in your club
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that individual can be identified. We collect, use, store and transfer some personal data of the key officers within your Club as well as Team Officials. When you register with the SBMSC whether by filling in forms at an event or an “enquiry to join form” online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise you provide information to us about your Club Officers and Team Officials only with their express permission. Most of the other web forms do not add you to a mailing list – these include player age check, maps, Contact/feedback web forms. Of these only Contact/feedback form content is stored. The information you give us may include your/their name, address, e-mail address, phone number(s) and gender. Where we hold this data from you, it will be agreed that your club has explicit consent from the individuals.
Why we need personal data
We will only use personal data for the legitimate purpose(s) for which it has been specifically provided. The reason we need participants’ personal data is to be able to run an efficient league.
The SBMSC does maintain an email list for the smooth operation of its fixtures and other league business. Only Team Managers and Club Officials may join this list manually after attending the AGM. There is no facility to join, leave or access that list via the website. The SBMSC doesn’t rent, sell or loan its mailing list to anyone else.
Processing activites include arranging matches, notifying match/contact information with your opponents/referee(s)/league committee members and we do this by publishing personal data in the SBMSC Contact List which is shared with other member Clubs each season, but not via this website. The shared personal details are name, email address and phone/mobile number but not postal address. As a Club Official, Team Official or Committee member your contact detail is shared with all clubs and team officials in the League. We respect our user’s privacy and will not pass personal details to anyone else outside of the above categories.
Other parties we share your personal data with
The Fairplay administation is accessed via this League website where it is processed by Thinkable Cloud Ltd under contract to SBMSC.
Protection of your personal data
The personal data that is collected via the website from you is kept inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). A hosting service in the UK is used to ensure this. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
How long we hold your personal data
We keep personal data on our participants and members while they continue to be a participant or member (in most cases for a 5 year period) or are otherwise actively involved with the League. We delete personal data from the Fairplay system during the season after a participant or member has left or otherwise ended their membership or affiliation. Sometimes it is deleted sooner if specifically requested and we are able to do so. We may need to retain some personal data for longer for legal or regulatory purposes while there is an ongoing investigation or dispute.
Third Party Sites
The e-mailing list for Mini Soccer players and parents discontinued operating in 2013. Nowadays the best way for parents or players to keep up to date is by :-
- visiting the website,
- subscribing to the site RSS feed
- following us on social media. Currently we support Google+ and Twitter.
The privacy and visibility of any posts you chose to send to us on social media networks are governed by the networks own privacy policies.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information. They help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
The Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on does not prevent information from being collected or processed for anti-spam purposes.
1. You agree to not create a false identity or forged e-mail address or header, or otherwise attempt to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of the message
2. You agree to not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Fairplay service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or any other means
3. You agree to not interfere with another member’s use and enjoyment of the Service or another entity’s use and enjoyment of similar services
4. You agree to not send us or other members unlawful, abusive, threatening, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature
5. You agree to not transmit any material that may infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including trademark, copyright or right of publicity
6. You agree to not use the update service in connection with chain letters, junk e-mail, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages for your employer or club, commercial or otherwise
7. You agree to not harvest or otherwise collect information about other members including e-mail addresses
8. You may not supply, sell or license content from the Fixtures or Fairplay database, or a copy of it, to any other person or company or organisation
9. You may not download the Fairplay database or fixtures through any automated (e.g. “scraping”) process