History of mini soccer in South Buckinghamshire from 1999 when the web site was founded, to 2014 . Some links no longer work due to age of information.
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | Top of page
25th December 2014 —Here are the groups that the U11 teams will play in for the second half of the season and here are the U11 fixtures : –
Naphill and Wycombe Saints U11
Crendon Corintians and Marlow Under 9 : –
Chinnor and Thame U12:-
6th December 2014 —
- Fixture changes – U12 Red group is now Version 3, to remove byes.
- After moving some teams around, U12 Yellow group and U12 White group fixtures are both now version 2 fixtures with Byes removed.
- U12 Green group fixtures are now version 2. The group is now only 8 teams and the Byes have been removed
- U12 Blue group fixtures are version 2
- U9 Green group is now version 4 as Marlow Youth U9 is at home against Risborough Rangers U9 tomorrow.
16 November 2014 –
- Marlow Knights U9 joins the Yellow group from 23rd November. U9 Yellow fixtures have been updated to version 3.
- Prestwood Colts U12 has folded creating some byes, so the U12 Red fixtures have been updated to version 2.
- Risborough Colts joins U8 Blue group, taking up Bye fixtures from 23rd November. U8 Blue fixtures have been updated to version 5.
8th November — numerous changes across the U11 age group. The White group has been split into two separate small groups called Black group and White group. Fixture versions are now : –
- U11 Red version 4
- U11 Yellow version 6
- U11 Green version 4
- U11 Blue version 4
- U11 White version 5
- U11 Black version 3
4th November — U10 Yellow group fixtures updated with cumulative changes since the beginning of the season : –
- Thame Youth has shrunk from a full squad to a single team and buddied up with Wendover Junior Colts
- Downley dynamos buddy team is no longer playing but is replaced with Chalfont Saints
- Totteridge / Beaconsfield Holtspur buddy teams have grown to become two separate full sizes squads
- There is one Bye as before.
28 October 2014 — Some U8 fixtures change as Seer Green and Chesham Athletic U8 teams swap groups and fixtures and Chinnor and Downley Dynamos U8 teams swap groups and fixtures. The affected fixture lists are updated here – U8 Green to version 2, U8 Yellow to version 3 and U8 Blue fixtures to version 4.
19 October — Windsor Eagles U9 has a new venue for its matches
7 October — U11 Yellow fixtures updated to v4 as Seer Green FC joins. Dates are clarified in U11 White fixtures version 4
6th October 2014 — U11 White fixtures version 4 are published
1st October 2014 — Fixtures updated for U11 Red, U11 Geeen, U11 Blue, U11 Yellow, with effect from this weekend. Bourne End Juniors U11 folded plus Ruislip Rangers, Beaconsfield Holtspur Harriers and Haddenham Youth Colts moved groups.We also expect changes to the U11 White group fixtures in the next day or so.
27 Sept 2014 — Marlow Town folds in U9 Red so updated fixtures (Issue 2) have been published, covering the period up to half term. There are two Byes in this group so team managers have the option of arranging a game.
11 September 2014 —
- Under 7 fixtures have changed in the South and North groups :
- Fixtures for U8 yellow group changed : –
- Cookham Dean and Flackwell Heath Scorpions buddy up to enter a team.
- Widmer End and Prestwood Colts have also buddied up rather than running two separate teams.
- Wycombe Saints has dropped out.
- Links page updated with link to new Beaconsfield Holtspur club website.
8th September 2014 — Quite a few U11 changes in the last week but the U11 Age Group Rep has minimised disruption to the fixtures already published : –
- U11 Red Group – Risborough Rangers Red have withdrawn from the league. This will leave a BYE in the group. Unfortunately one team each week will not have a fixture.
- U11 Green Group – Downley Dynamos have moved to Blue group and their fixtures are picked up by Risborough Rangers Green Colts (formerly Blue Colts) which has moved into this group.
- Blue Group – Risborough Rangers Blue Colts have moved to the Green Group and their fixtures have been picked up by Downley Dynamos.
- U11 Yellow Group – No Changes.
- U11 White Group. The Black Group teams join the White Group. There is no longer a separate Black Group playing 7 a side format. All 4 teams formerly in the Black Group are now in the combined White group as 9 a side teams. Some of the fixtures each week have changed but most have stayed the same. Some teams might find they will play one team twice before Christmas, this has been unavoidable without making all new fixtures.
3rd September 2014 —
- Under 11 White group fixtures version 2 are published
- Under 11 Black group fixtures version 2 are published after one team withdraws
1st September 2014 — Under 12’s and Under 10’s fixtures have been published
- U12 Red group fixtures
- U12 Green group fixtures
- U12 Blue group fixtures
- U12 Yellow group fixtures
- U12 White group fixtures
27th August 2014 —
- U9 Yellow group fixures are now version 2 as a team folds
- U9 Red group fixtures published (previously we were showing U9 Yellow fixtures)
- U10 Blue and U10 Yellow groups are amended as some teams fold and others move.
26th August 2014 — Fixtures are published for Under 11’s : –
- Nine a side groups : U11 Red, U11 Geeen, U11 Blue, U11 Yellow, U11 White
- One group is playing seven a side: U11 Black group
25th August 2014 —
- Calendar for 2014/2015 mini soccer fixtures has been withdrawn as there will be some changes to it shortly
- U11 teams have been organised into their groups.
7th August 2014 — U10 teams have been organised into their groups.
2nd August 2014 —
- U7, U8, U9 and U12 teams have been organised into their groups for the coming season. U10 and U11 groups are still being finalised.
- Age Checker tool has been updated with the coming season’s rules. Age Checker knows what age the FA allows players to start playing in matches for their clubs and the FA rules for transitioning from mini-soccer to 9 a-side.
29 July 2014 — There have not been enough registrations to make a U13 friendly league viable this season.
7 July 2014 —
- The Berks and Bucks FA has recently awarded SBMSC status of Junior Respect League 2014
- This season allows a player to be in a match from his/her 6th birthday which is a change. However players just turned 6 can only play in Under 7’s matches; it is not possible to play up in Under 8 games.
- Following limited competition trials last season, the SBMSC will revert to its friendly format from September 2014 and not publish any scores or winning/losing team information in U7 to U10 age groups.
26 June – AGM
25 May 2014 — Fairplay winners for this season announced. Scores for Managers, Supporters and Players have been scored by opposing teams throughout the season and now the overall rankings are out. Click your age group to see your clubs scores and ranking : –
3rd April 2014 – U12 Cup final details for 11th May announced
16th March 2014 — The U11 Cup finals are to take place on 27th April at Thame FC ground.
30th January 2014 — Fairplay tables as at the end of December 2013 have been published for Managers, Supporters and Players in four of the age groups : –
- Under 12 – New age group this year sees Naphill Colts leading
- Under 11 – Pitstone and Ivinghoe head the table
- Under 8 – Downley Dynamos Colts are in the lead
- Under 7 – Marlow Royals are top
10th January 2014 — Three U12 teams have moved divisions and fixtures have been finalised for all U12 groups, that is Red, Green, Blue, and Yellowfor the next few weeks. There will be a draw for the competition in March next week.
30th December 2013 — Directions to Naphill pitches have been updated
31 October — U10 cup results : –
2nd September 2013 —Rules for next season are now available, including new formats for U11 and U12 mini soccer.
3rd August 2013 — Football age Checker has been updated to reflect the latest FA rules for Mini Soccer age group formats as well as changes at U11 and U12 age groups.
7th July 2013 – Fairplay Scores were announced at the AGM Scores for Managers, Supporters and Players are detailed this year with teams shown in order of the average score that they achieved by the end of the season. Click your age group to see your clubs scores and ranking : –
- Under 11 – New age group this year sees Wendover Whites win followed by Downley Dynamos Green
- Under 10 – Hughenden lead with Holmer Green Colts / Naphill buddy teams second
- Under 9 – Christmas positions are held by Flackwell Heath Colts / Naphill buddy teams followed by Loudwater FC
- Under 8 – Pitstone & Ivinghoe come upfrom second to win, followed by Thame boys
- Under 7 – Haddenham stay in front since Christmas followed by AFC Lighting
27 June 2013 – AGM tonight at 8pm at Wycombe Wanderers FC, Adams Park. The FA are changing emphasis this season, allotting sections of the season for competitive matches. The Berks and Bucks FA Youth Development Officer will be attending to answer questions. To discuss the differences for each age group, at times the meeting will divide. For clubs that want to help forge the new format, it is important to send a team representative from each age group.
12th March 2013 — U11 Geoff Springell Cup Semi Finals
10th March 2013 — Photos or the Fairplay awards to last seasons age group winners at Wycombe Wanderers last weekend.
- Under 11 – Haddenham Youth
- Under 10 – Thame Boys
- Under 9 – Pitstone & Ivinghoe
- Under 8 – Stokenchurch
- Under 7 – Marlow Youth
30th January 2013 —
- Fairplay winners of last season will be presented their award at Wycombe Wanderers first team match on 2nd March 2013. Outline plan for the day is to be confirmed, but to get an idea, look here to see what has happened in previous seasons.
- Under 9 Plate and U9 Cup finals day has been announced. This will take place on 21st April 2013.
- U11 Geoff Springell Memorial Cup Final day is on Sunday 28th April 2013
18th January 2013 — Fairplay League table positions up to Christmas 2012 are out! Click your age group to see your clubs scores and ranking : –
- Under 11 – New age group this year sees Hughenden Kites leading followed by Downley Dynamos Green
- Under 10 – Hughenden lead with Holmer Green Colts / Naphill buddy teams second
- Under 9 – top of the table is Flackwell Heath Colts / Naphill buddy teams followed by Loudwater FC
- Under 8 – Hughenden Valley hold on to the top position but Pitstone & Ivinghoe are close behind second.
- Under 7 – Haddenham in front followed by Bourne End JSC
The Fairplay league measures sporting behaviour shown by a teams supporters, players and officials so well done to all. To see how your team scored in each of these categories please click the link for your age group.
30th September 2012 —
23 September —
28th June 2012 — At last night’s AGM, Fairplay League winners for this season were announced : –
- Under 10 – Thame Boys held on to the top position from Christmas and Wendover Colts race up the table to finish second.
- Under 9 – unchanged from the Christmas positions at top of the table is Pitstone & Ivinghoe followed by Chesham United
- Under 8 – Since Christmas the top of the table has completely changed. Stokenchurch take the to prize with Naphill runners up.
- Under 7 – Marlow Youth in front followed by Hughenden Valley, reversing the Christmas positions
The Fairplay league measures sporting behaviour shown by a teams supporters, players and officials so well done to all. To see how your team scored in each of these categories please click the link for your age group.
20th June 2012 —
- More detail about nine-a-side arrangements for Under 11
- The Age Checker has been updated for next season, so if you are not too sure what age group you can play in, give it a try.
19th March 2012 —
- U9 Cup and Plate Finals to be played on Sunday 22nd April.
- There are now 54 summer tournaments to chose from on the Tournament list page
8th January – Fairplay rankings so far this season have been published. See the side bar (right) or click your age group to see your clubs scores and ranking : –Under 10 | Under 9 | Under 8 | Under 7
9th December — Team Groupings following discussions at the MGM held 8th December 2011. Over the Christmas holiday, these groupings will be used to generate the fixtures for play starting January 2012
7th December 2011 —
30 June 2011 — AGM
22nd June 2011 — Fairplay final scores for this season are published for all teams. The winners are : –
9 June 2011 — The committee is looking for a volunteer to be Age Group Rep for the Under 7’s next season. Make contact …
15 January 2011 — Last season’s Fairplay winners award is to take place at Wycombe Wanderers match against Aldershot Town on March 5th 2011. Wycombe Wanderers have kindly sponsored 24 free tickets for each winning team : – AFC Lightning 2009/2010 U7, Hughenden Valley 2009/2010 U8, Thame Youth 2009/2010 U9 and Flackwell Heath Minors 2009/2010 U10.
4th September 2010 — some fixtures updated to version 3
- U7 South Version 3 – Stokenchurch and Holmer Green have withdrawn and Marlow United are a single team. Marlow Royals move to the U7 Westso there are no byes.
- U8 Blue Version 3 — Holmer Green removed from the Blue league, leaving Holmer Green Colts only
- U10 Blue Version 3: Chalfont St Peter buddied with Chalfont Wasps Blue and Loudwater buddied with Stokenchurch.
1st September 2010 — Directions to Aylesbury Town pitches at Haywood Way added
28th August 2010 — Directions to AFC Lightning ground updated
17 August 2010 — Directions to Cookham Dean ground added.
2nd July 2010 — Last dates by which U9 Cup and Plate matches have to be played are published.
27 June 2010 –Fairplay League results published for the season
26 June 2010 — Marlow United U9 enters the Conference, while Westwood U9 and Chinnor U9 move groups.
17 June 2010 —
- Under 8 teams that want to play in next season’s Under 9 Cup, should apply to your Age Group Representative.
- Cookham Dean are applying for membership of SBMSC, to play in fixtures from September.
13 June 2010 —
- South Bucks mini soccer fixture calendar starting September 2010
- Wycombe Wanderers will be the venue for the AGM in the evening of 30th June
3 June 2010 —
- New Clubs interested in joining the Conference at next season enquire here.
- Last Call for friendly U11 Nine-a-side applications
3rd May 2010 —
- The AGM will take place 30th June
- Choice of 48 summer football tournaments in June, July and Pre-season.
12th April — Six clubs have expressed interest in entering teams to play Friendly U11 Nine a side matches next season. We are inviting feedback from other U10 Managers
20th March — There is a First Aid course running at St Johns in High Wycombe on 26th April.
16th March — Under 9 Plate and Cup final teams, date and venue details
11th March 2010 — Photos of the 2008/2009 season Fairplay winners at Adams Park last weekend. These were – Under 10 (Chinnor Youth), Under 9(Risborough Rangers), Under 8 – (Hughenden Valley), Under 7 (Westwood Park). Photo ordering details.
20th January 2010 —
16th January 2010 — Risborough Rangers Football Club are suspended by the Berks & Bucks FA. Therefore any team which is due to play them must not do so until their suspension is lifted. We confirm that it will not be lifted this week end. Please under no circumstance can you play Risborough.
8th January 2010 — Fairplay league tables have been released with scores and rankings for matches played up to Christmas 2009.
7th December 2009 — Proposals for placing teams in groups for the second half of the season. To be ratified at the General Meeting on the 14th December at Penn & Tylers Green FC
22nd November 2009 — Mid-season general meeting of the Conference will take place on the 14th December at Penn & Tylers Green FC starting at 8pm.
20 October 2009 — Directions to Chesham United U10 ground updated
11 September 2009 — U7 North Version 3 fixtures published with byes as Naphill has withdrawn.
9th September 2009 —
- Under 9 Cup draws have been published
- Thame Youth will fill a vacancy left by the withdrawal of Chiltern Athletic in the Under 8 blue group
- Loudwater has withdrawn from the U7 buddy team with Prestwood Colts in the North division.
17 August 2009 — Seer Green Utd will not be putting out an under 10’s team so Fixtures for Under 10 Blue version 3 have been issued.
20 July 2009 —
13th July 2009 — Mini Soccer fixtures for the season starting Sept 2009 published : –
6th July 2009 — Player’s online Age Checker is now set up with age eligibility data for next season starting September 2009.
1st July 2009 — Calendar for 2009/2010 mini soccer fixtures
29th June 2009 — Proposed team groupings version 3 published
7th June 2009 — Agenda for the AGM on 24th June.
17th May 2009 — Clubs are advised the deadline to submit applications with payment for teams to join the Conference next season is 31st May.
11th May 2009 — Fairplay League winners announced for season 2008/9
10th May 2009 — The AGM will take place at Bucks CC (Stoke Mandeville) on Wednesday evening 24th June at 8pm.
26th April 2009 — Results of the U9 Cup final and Plate Finals
15th April 2009 — Over 40 local club tournaments to choose from …
12th March 2009 — Photos for 2007/2008 Winners prize presentation at Adams Park
17th February 2009 — Directions to Downley Dynamos updated (three pitches)
25th January 2009 — Link added to Risborough Rangers web site and directions to pitches.
3rd January 2009 — Under 8 Blue fixtures are now published.
23rd December 2008 — Under 9 Blue fixtures version 2 with corrected Round 7 details.
21st December 2008 —
5th December — New teams voted in at last night’s MGM were : – Marlow United U7, Totteridge U10, Marlow Royals U8 and U10. These teams will be included in fixtures commencing January 2009.
1st December — Teams listed in their proposed Groups effective January to be ratified at the Mid season General Meeting this Thursday 4th December.
27th November 2008 —
- Under 9 Cup and Under 9 Plate Quarter Final draws.
- Agenda for the 4th December Mid Season General Meeting
- Minutes published for the AGM earlier this year
20th November — The Mid season General Meeting will take place on Thursday 4th December 2008 at 7:45pm for 8:00pm start at Penn and Tylers Green FC club house.
17th October 2008 — U10 Blue fixtures now Version 5, published Chiltern Athletic are now fielding two teams and there are BYE fixtures now.
10 October — U10 Blue fixtures now version 4, after Risborough Colts & Chiltern Athletic have become Buddy teams from Round 6, on 19th October. Please note some other fixtures have been changed to accomodate this and there are no BYE fixtures now.
2nd October — SBMSC Fair Play Award rules updated (submissions are by email, not cards. U9 Cup matches are not reported for Fairplay purposes)
29th September 2008 —
- U10 Blue fixtures from Round 4 (Oct 5th) onwards are changed because Marlow Town & Chalfont St Peter have now become buddy teams.
- How to import Fixtures to your Sky Calendar or Google Calendar for U7 U8 and U9 age groups
- New venue for Penn & Tylers Green U10 matches
6th September — Club links page updated
1st September 2008 — U9 Cup entries closed and fixtures finalised.
13th August 2008 — Under 9 Cup draw announced
8th July 2008 — Fixtures published for next season
6 July 2008 —
- Teams listed in their Groups for next season
- Finalised fixture calendar 08/09 showing which age groups play on which weekends to help club ground bookings
27th June 2008 —
- We are looking for two managers, one U7 and one U8, to volunteer to be the Age Group Representative for the forthcoming season.
- U9 Cup final result
19th June 2008 —
- Proposed fixture calendar 08/09 showing which age groups play on which weekends to help club ground bookings
- Proposed Buddy Team arrangments for next season
11th June 2008 —
- Under 9 cup final this Saturday
- Agenda and directions for the AGM on 30th June
- List of teams that have registered for next season
- Insufficient registrations for U11 mini soccer
- Fairplay Legue results for the season
1st May 2008 —
- From next season all clubs must have an appointed Club Welfare Officer who must have attended a Club Welfare Officer Workshop and a Safeguarding Children Workshop. Clickhere for an updated list of course dates run by the County FA.
- Semi Final draws for U9 Plate and U9 Cup are published.
22 April 2008 — The AGM will take place on 30th June at Bucks CC (Stoke Mandeville) 7:45 for 8pm start.
22 January — Directions to additional venue for Marlow matches.
17th January — Anyone for Under 11 mini soccer next season?
10th January 2008 —
- FairPlay League tables are now available for first half of the season
- Under 9 team managers have been invited to apply for U9 Cup competition
4th January — List of Summer Tournaments organised by clubs is now live.
17th December 2007 — Fixtures starting January 2008 have been published
31 October 2007 —
- FairPlay winners 2006/07 are to be presented their award at the Wycombe Wanderers match on Saturday 17th November.
- Details of the Mid-season General Meeting on the 29th November to be held at Wycombe Wanderers gound. Team Managers are asked to send any outstanding results from the seasons games so far to Age Group Representatives by 18th November 2007. This is to ensure teams are put into the apropriate groups after Christmas.
18 October 2007 — Improved directions and map to Holmer Green Minors.
24 September 2007 —
10th September 2007 — Under 10 Red fixtures Version 2 is published due to Kingswood Rangers withdrawal. With significant changes from Round 2 onwards, it has also been possible to get rid of the Byes.
7th Sept 2007 — Under 7 South fixtures version 2 has no Byes as new team Real Penn & Tyler joins.
6th Sept 2007 — U10 Green fixtures updated to Version 2 due to Totteridge withdrawal
4th August 2007 — Fixtures starting September announced
21 July 07 — Buddy team arrangements in U10 Blue are finalised (Aston Clinton Colts/Pitstone & Ivinghoe form one squad and Marlow Town/Wingrave form another)
6th July — Fixture calendar for next season ammended
5 July – Team groupings for next season are now frozen and listed here.
30 June 2007–
27 June —
- AGM is tomorrow, Thursday at 7:45 for 8pm start at Wilks Park, Flackwell Heath near the Launderette (not Green Dragon Lane). Directions and Map
- Volunteers required for U7 and U10 Age Group Representative positions
- So far only one enquiry and no applications received for U11 next season
24 June 2007 —
- Teams playing next season are now known and proposed groupings for next season are listed here ready for the AGM this Thursday evening
- Fixture calendar for next season
11 June 2007 – –
- Registration deadline only 4 days away.
- List of teams registered so far
26 May — The AGM is to be held on 28th June at Flackwell Heath F.C.
12 May 2007 — Existing member clubs that wish to renew membership for next season can download their Form here.
21 April 2007 — Fair Play league winners for the closing season were
- Under 7 – Hercules Lions FC. Full table
- Under 8 – Holtspur FC (Red group). Full table
- Under 9 – Pitstone & Ivinghoe. Full table
- Under 10 – Aylesbury Athletic. Full table
Well done to team players, managers and supporters!
19 April 2007 —
- We’re looking for a new Fairplay Secretary as our current one plans to stepdown at the AGM this summer.
- Clubs looking for admission to this Conference or existing clubs that want to enter additional Team(s) please let us know here (renewing teams have a different process). We are hoping to run a U11 section next season.
7 April 2007 — The Bucks Girls Football League have been in touch with the SBMSC to notify their U10 to U16 structure for the 2007/8 Season. This League is separate from SBMSC, but we are happy to relay information to managers of girls teams. Click here for more.
19 December 2006 – Fairplay Award ceremony at Wycombe Wanderers last weekend – photos of winning teams from last season representing the following clubs: – AFC Holmer Green, Aylesbury Athletic, Penn and Tylers Green, Marlow Royals, Risborough
18 December 2006 — Fixtures published for the second half of the season starting January 2007. Under 11 : – enough clubs expressed interest to make 2007/08 season fixtures look viable for this age group.
12 December —
- Crendon Corinthians’ alternative pitch directions added
- Penn and Tylers Green U7, U9, U10 venues updated
1st December 2006 — Penn & Tylers Green U8 home ground change
27 November — Agenda for Mid-season General Meeting on 5th December
22 November 2006 —
- Change of date for the Mid-season General Metting which will now take place a day earlier on 5th December. The venue, Bucks CC F.C, is unchanged.
- Stokenchurch Under 9 has a single team and requires another to buddy with for the second half of the season
2 October 2006 — New venue for Chalfont St Peter Youth Mini Soccer fixtures
- Chesham have pulled out of the Under 9 Blue group league and AFC Holmer Green (AFCHG) are now a single team looking for a buddy. (This doesn’t affect the two AFCHG teams in U9 Red group)
- link to Crendon Corinthians website added.
22 August 2006 —
- Fixtures published for season 2006 /2007
- Directions to Hercules FC ground added
6 July 2006 —
- Directions to changed pitches for Holtspur and Marlow Youth, Marlow Royals and Marlow Oaks
- Links now includes Holtspur website
2nd July 2006 —
- Several new clubs applied to join and were voted in at the AGM
- Not enough Under 11 teams registered to run fixtures this season.
- Volunteer Age Group Representatives for U7 and U8 were voted in at the AGM.
16 June 2006 —
23 April 2006 — Fairplay results are out, measuring sporting behaviour shown by a teams supporters, players and officials. Congratulations to the winning teams which are: –
|Under 7||AFC Holmer Green||full results|
|Under 8||Aylesbury Athletic||full results|
|Under 9||Penn & Tylers Green||full results|
|Under 10||Marlow Royals||full results|
|Under 11||Risborough||full results|
15 March 2006 — AGM will be on Thursday 29th June at Holmer Green Minors FC, Watchet Lane starting 8pm.
21 January 2006 — Guidelines for bad weather updated to cover Frozen pitches based on debate at the November 2005 General Meeting. These guidelines minimise wasted journeys.
20 January 2006 — Fairplay awards presented at the Wycombe Wanderers match last weekend (photo above)
12 October 2005 — Wycombe Wanderers are sponsoring last season’s Fairplay winners to attend the 29th October match against Peterborough. The Fairplay shield will be presented on the pitch at halftime. More…
15 September 2005 —
- Under 8 Age Group Representative has resigned. The SBMSC Fairplay Secretary has kindly taken on the role.
- Under 10 Bedgrove team folds so Bucks CC are looking for another club to buddy with (U10 Blue fixtures re-issued)
- Under 10 Holmer Green Minors now has two teams, (U10 Green group fixtures not reissued)
- Under 7 Holmer Green Minors now has two teams so Holtspur is now buddy with Holyport Memorial. Issue 2 fixtures published for U7 South.
- We’re looking for more 7-a-side teams to play Under 11 fixtures this season (single teams welcome – no need to have a second team)
13 September 2005 — Directions to U9 Chesham United Red team pitch
5 Sept 2005 — Revised AFC Holmer Green pitch venue
15 July 2005.
10 June — Agenda for the AGM to be held 30th June at Penn & Tylers Green FC.
8th June 2005 —
- Draft groupings for U7, U9 & U10 teams next season.
- We have received application to join from new club AFC Holmer Green which is now listed on the Links page and its venue is shown in maps pages
2nd June 2005 —
- Full timetable available for Clubs to join, get fixtures and contact sheets for next season
- Team applications for next season are required by 23rd June together with fees
- Age Group Representative volunteers are required for Under 9 and Under 7 (mentoring and assistance available to help).
- The Conference has applied to the Berks and Bucks FA to run Nine-a-side format for Under 11 age group next season
- Calendar proposed for next season fixtures, to be voted on at the AGM
11 May — Fairplay Award winners for this season are announced: Aylesbury Athletic U7, Widmer End U8, Thame Boys U9, Pitstone & Ivinghoe U10, Towersey U11
17 April 2005 —
- AGM will be on 30th June at Penn & Tylers Green FC. Agenda, proposed team groupings for next season and other details will be published on this website in the next few weeks.
- Team Managers please ensure your Age Group Rep has scores etc required to draft goupings for next season
- New teams may apply here
- 21 clubs now advertising Summer Tournaments
18 March 2005 — Map to new Naphill ground.
14 March — Committee is looking for member club to host our AGM this summer. Large club house with bar would be nice. Any offers?
1 March — 17 clubs now advertising their Summer Tournaments including updates to Loudwater date.
11 Feb — Fairplay winners of each age group last season collected their award at Wycombe Wanderers match. Photos …
6 Jan — Level One Certificate in Coaching Course is being run over several days starting on 22nd Jan for parent helpers and Team Managers.
22nd Dec — Under 10 Blue group Aylesbury Saints buddy with Haywood Youth. No change to fixtures.
19 December 2004 —
- Under 11 fixtures published
- U8 Aylesbury Town is looking for another club to buddy with in the Blue group.
6 December — Fixtures starting January 2005
- Under 7: North, South, West groups
- Under 8: Blue, Green, Red groups
- Under 9: Blue, Green, Red groups
- Under 10: Blue, Green, Red groups
- Under 11 fixtures to follow
U10 AYLESBURY SAINTS need buddy to play in the Blue group.
Hardcopy contacts lists are planned to be sent in the post to Team Managers over the Christmas holidays.
1 Dec — Proposed groupings following General Meeting earlier this week
13 November — Proposed groupings by club for the second half 04/05 season, following Age Group Rep meeting this Wednesday. Team Managers are asked to raise any concerns with Reps no later than the General Meeting on 29th November. Groupings will be frozen on 7th December, ready for new fixtures to be cut.
27 October 2004 —
- Team Managers are asked to ensure scores from all matches are sent to Age Group Representatives by 7th November, ready for a planning meeting later in that week.
- Mid Season General Meeting will be held at Chesham United on 29th November. Agenda and directions.
13 September — three U9 teams are short of players and so the Blue group fixtures have been re-arranged eliminating byes. Click here for the second Issue of U9 Blue fixture list.
12 September 2004 – Rules updated to bring SBMSC rules in line with latest FA Mini Soccer Law for penalty lines, which no longer run the full width of the pitch.
5 September — Fixtures published:
- Under 7: North, South, West groups
- Under 8: Blue, Green, Red groups
- Under 9: Blue, Green, Red groups
- Under 10: Blue, Green, Red groups
- Under 11 (includes 11 a side as well as the newly sanctioned nine a side format)
Find out which group your team is in here.
— Rules updated: Under 7 and Under 8 now sanctioned to play 6-a-side matches this season (was 5 a side). In our documentation on this website the age qualification dates moved forward one year to keep up with the the new season.
29 July —
- Fixtures and Contact details to be posted later in August
- We’re going to run 11 a side friendly fixtures for Under 11 next season.
- FA rule change expected to give more flexibility on team sizes for U7, U8 and U11 ages
- Founding Chairman and Fixtures Secretary do not stand again but are voted President and Vice President. Many new faces are voted on the committee.
- Modified constitution adopted
- MGM date, Fairplay status and more…
19 July 2004
6 July — List of registered teams playing next season including buddy arrangements and finalised groups.
3 July — Fixture calendar for season 2004 / 2005 is slightly modified following feedback at AGM
1 July — List of teams playing next season is updated following the AGM held on 29 June.
28 June — Agenda for AGM this tuesday.
18 June 2004 —
- New club, Phoenix St John, applies to join
- Fixture dates in the first few weeks of next season for your diary
14 June — Most of the 42 clubs that played last season have applied to play again next season, but a small list of clubs have yet to apply.
13 June — Age Group Representative meeting this week to prepare team group proposals for next season. Team managers are asked to ensure their Age Group Rep has been advised of last season’s scores by 16th June.
8 May — AGM venue will be Haddenham FC, starting 7:30 on 29th June.
31 March 2004 —
- Proposals for SBMSC to run 11 a side friendly fixtures for Under 11 next season
- AGM planned for 29th June 2004
- Proposed relaxation of application deadlines in 2005/06.
- 18 club tournaments for the summer
31 Jan — Links added to Prestwood and Bucks CC websites
27 Jan — Summer tournament listings start
- Fairplay League restarts following sponsorship by PK Graphics
- hardcopy fixtures packs arrive for Team Managers in the post
- U8 Red age group representative is also looking after U8 Blue.
- directions to Thame Boys & Youth U9 ground
- directions to Holmer Green ground
16 Dec 2003 — Under 10 Green fixtures now at Issue 3 (was Issue 2 on 14 Dec following date changes in February 2004)
14 Dec 2003 — Twelve member clubs now have websites listed on our links page, with Pitstone and Ivinghoe the latest.
13 Dec — Fixtures for the second half of the season starting January 2004. If your ISP only gives you the old fixture pages, hold down “ctrl” key and press “F5” key to force a refresh.
4 December 2003 — Proposed colour groupings for second half of season starting Jan 2004 was updated at the 1 Dec Meeting and is now published for comment prior to freezing on 8th December.
Buddy team opportunities still open:-
- Under 7 Loudwater
- Under 8: All teams have now located a buddy team.
- Under 9 Chalfont St Peter Youth
- Under 10 (Green or Blue) Flackwell Heath Colts
1st December Mid-season General Meeting at Loudwater F.C. Registration deadlines and timetable bought forward. Record number of teams to buddy up.
27 November 2003 —
Draft Colour groups from Jan 2004
Timetable and deadlines for getting your team in the right colour group fixtures starting Jan 2004.
Buddy teams Clubs with partial squads require other buddy clubs to make up a pair of teams for fixtures purposes in U7, U8, U9 and U10 age groups. Interested?
New U8 Blue Fixtures Issue 2 is published as Chalfont St. Peter withdraws
Under 10 Green fixtures and U10 Blue fixtures are updated to issue 2. Highlights are :-
- Chinnor Youth swaps fixtures with Pitstone & Ivinghoe.
- Gerrards Cross & Fulmer Club have buddy teamed up with Chalfont St. Peter Youth
- bye fixtures in U10 Blue are eliminated
22 Nov 2003 Reminder: Age Group Reps meeting planned for 25 November. Team Managers are requested to send outstanding scores in beforehand, indicating whether there is a wish to change group in the New Year fixtures
Loudwater has a website – see Links page.
9 Nov — Mid-season General Meeting will be on 1st December at Loudwater F.C. starting 8.00pm
3 Nov 2003 —
- Fixtures: U7 Aylesbury Town not playing, U10 friendlies available near Milton Keynes.
- New Year colour groups: Age Group Reps meeting planned for 25 November. Team Managers are requested to send outstanding scores in beforehand, indicating whether there is a wish to change group.
- Wendover has a website – see Links page
17 Oct — Stokenchurch pitch directions
16 October 2003 :-
- Girls football at Wendover
- Aylesbury Athletic have temporarily dropped out of U7 West fixtures. However there is one team in U7 North and another in U7 South without games each round, should clubs desire a match, albeit further away.
3 Sep — Referee courses.
1 Sep — Under 8 Red fixtures have no byes as Chesham joins.
Press “Refresh” on your browser to make sure you see latest version of the list.
19 August 2003:
- Fixtures out for 2003/04 season
- U11 Rule.2 (interim format) – goal line rule corrected on web; now in line with hardcopy rules
- All rules updated with this years player age qualifying date (still 31st Aug)
- Additional teams – Wingrave Under 8 & Aylesbury Athletic U7
4 July — Gerrards Cross & Fulmer (new club) voted in to the SBMSC at the AGM.
- There has been some deletion of unregistered teams, where thought unlikely that they would register
- Growth in number of Under 7 teams playing next season has led to proposal to have regional groupings
- partial teams looking for buddy teams shown
- age group reps required for U7 West, U7 North, U7 South, U8 Blue, U8 Green, U9 Blue, & U10 Green.
20 June 2003 — 113 teams listed as fully registered for next season including Downley and Chiltern clubs plus U10 added by Towersey & Prestwood who have also modified some team names. Only clubs not paid are Chalfont St Peter, Aylesbury Town and Hayward.
18 June — Teams playing next season published here.
14 June — Registration deadline tomorrow for teams wishing to play next season. Check here whether your team is in or out!
10 June — Proposed U8 colour groupings; more registrations and buddy requests
7 June — colour groupings proposed by Age Group Reps added
5 June — registered team list updated; U9 Blue Age group rep wanted.
28 May — Teams start registering for next season. See list.
24 May — Additional clubs listed looking for buddy teams for 2003 /2004 season
Annual General Meeting on 23rd June at Aylesbury United. >> Draft agenda, registration timing, Committee vacancies, venue and club seeking buddy team.
May 03 — Winners of Fairplay awards at Wycombe Wanderers on 26 April (photo left) comprising five age groups. More photos …
16 April – Fairplay results for second half of season: Wendover, Aylesbury Athletic, Crendon Corinthians, Downley Dynamos and Totteridge get tickets for a team to see Wycombe Wanderers versus Colchester United on 26th April. Award ceremony details.
26 Feb Photos of teams winning the fairplay award in the first half of the season. (right)
4 Feb — Marlow Youth Colts fixtures cancelled due to lack of buddy team. Under 8 Blue fixtures now version 2.
26/27 Jan — Chesham Strides FC / Risborough Colts buddy team formed in U10 blue group. Round 4 fixture is on 2nd Feb, not 9th Feb as previously shown
18 Jan — Join 11 a side referee course on 21 January.
Under 9 Blue Version 3 fixtures affect Totteridge, Preswood, Aylesbury United, Towersey, and Pitstone.
Improved links to weather forecasts
11 Jan 2003 — Haddenham U7 looking for club to buddy with. (needs min 5 players).Marlow U8 still looking for a buddy team.
Jan 2003 — Fairplay results for first half of season: Crendon Corintians, Loudwater, Totteridge, Widmer End all get tickets for a team to go to the 8 Feb Wycombe Wanderers match. See which age groups won, with tables showing all team scores
23 Dec 2002 fixture updates —
Under 9 Reds Version 2 issued with new fixtures for Round 12 (30 March 2003). Teams now meet a wider variety of opponents.
Under 11s Version 2 issued with Round 4 on 2nd February 2003, not 9th Feb as previously shown.
15 Dec 2002 Fixture updates–
U9 Blue version 2 fixtures (Hughenden is not in this group)
Under 8 Green version 2 fixtures include Haddenham Youth.
10 Dec — U11 fixtures published and Version 3 of U7 fixtures now includes Aston Clinton. (Use refresh if it shows version 2)
6 Dec 2002 — U7 fixtures re-issued (version 2)
30 Nov 2002 — Do you have too many players for your fixtures? – how about a second team buddying up with another club? Following the mid-season General Meeting, Marlow U8 requires buddy team; Strides (Chesham) requires U10 buddy team for blue group; we are also looking for a U7 buddy team. Register interest in any of these squads urgently
28 Nov 2002 — Directions to Wilks Park, the venue for Mid-Season General Meeting tomorrow (Thursday, 7:45 for 8pm).
24 Nov — Draft colour groups for 2nd half of season announced
14 November —
- Mid-Season General Meeting takes place on 28 November at Wilks park, Flackwell Heath.
- Age Group Rep (AGR) meeting is scheduled for 21st November. Team managers please ensure results are filed with their AGR.
- Mini soccer referee course to be run one evening in the next couple of months. Register your interest here.
- Website has now moved to a new, faster ISP and online forms are working again. Please resend any bounced email or forms submitted between 13:00 on 11/11/02 and 13:00 on 13/11/02
28 Oct — Notes from AGM in July 2002 including Constitution.
22 Oct — Four girls training dates
5 October 2002 —
- This coming Tuesday Martin ONeil returns with Celtic to play against Wycombe Wanderers in a testimonial match for Jason Cousins who has presented many of our Fairplay awards.
- Map to Wendover pitch added.
30 Sept 2002
- SBMSC re-issues its appeal for a volunteer to coordinate training courses and join the commmittee.
- Some early information is now available about the new Club coach course.
- Chesham U8 are half way to another team and seek a buddy for fixtures. Interested?
29 Sept — directions to new Aylesbury Town pitch.
22 Sept — Bourne End and Marlow have buddy teams in U8 Green;
Aylesbury Athletic Team Manager is now Under 8 Blue Age Group Representative.
18 Sept — Risborough Colts under 9’s are looking for a buddy. Is your club interested?
16 Sept 2002 — Directions to new ground for Bourne End
27 Aug — minor changes to U9 Orange & U9 Blue fixtures as Chiltern Athletic swap with Chalfont St. Peter.
13 Aug — Chesham United Youth Under 10s seek another team to buddy with.
18 July — Fixture dates for next season
30, 29 and 28 June– colour group proposals published
29, 28 June – Updates to list of paid-up teams
27 June — Commmittee vacancies are advertised,
29 May — FA Junior Team Manager course cancelled. Delegates’ cheques to be returned.
25 May 2002 — Agenda for forthcoming AGM.
13 May — The FA Junior team manager course planned for 17 and 18 May is postponed due to trainer now being unavailable. Instead one of the weekends: 21/22 June, 28/29 June or 5/6 July 2002 is proposed.
4 May 2002 — Girls training on 11 May
21 Apr — AGM changed to 1st July 2002
18 April 2002 — Girls’ training update. All-girls U9 team entered into Loudwater tournament.
13 April — Five teams collect their Fairplay award after Wycombe Wanderers donate tickets to its match against Oldham. Full report and photos.
2 April 2002– FA Junior Team Manager course will run in on 17 May 2002. Online enquiry form here.
22 Feb 2002 — News about the SBMSC Girls initiative; second training session will be 16 March.
14 Feb 2002 –Team photos of Fairplay winners.
— Updated tournaments list.
21 Jan 2002 — Fairplay Award winners announced for first half of 2001/02 season up to Christmas. Wycombe Wanderers sponsor tickets for five teams to go to 9th Feb match vs Bristol City.
18 Jan 2002 — Tournament listings go live.
16 Jan 2002 — Directions for Marlow Youth U7 & U8 pitch.
4 Jan 2002– Extra Under 7 fixtures as Aylesbury Athletic now has full team and does not buddy with Aston Clinton.
3 Jan 2002 — Directions to ground of new team, Marlow Royals
14 Dec 2001— SBMSC confirms newspaper report that on 20th December it is to meet the two clubs that disagree with votes taken at the recent General Meeting.
— Calendar for 2002 fixture rounds now available including proposed girls matches. Further fixture details have been delayed.
11 Dec 2001– Publication of fixture dates for the second half of the year has slipped due to the time taken responding to press enquiries.
— Further detail has been added to “Highlights of the Meeting” to clarify misleading press claims.
10 Dec 2001– BBC’s local news programme for Oxfordshire and West Bucks covers mini soccer after the 6 O’clock TV news and on the BBC website. Central TV also covered the topic.
7 Dec 2001 2001– The Jimmy Young Show on Radio 2 and BBC Radio Oxford listeners hear SBMSC explain why our managers don’t want to publish results
— Our FA Junior Team Manager course starts this evening
6 Dec — Sky and Three Counties Radio are reporting SBMSC’s response to inaccurate criticsism of its intention to enforce existing rules on publishing scores. After adverse coverage in the morning, Talk Sport now have heard our side of the story.
4 Dec 2001 — Highlights from the Managers General Meeting held on 26/11/01 and attended by about 70 managers. Topics include fixtures, girls football, results publication, Home team provides goals, rules
23 Oct 2001 — Five newspapers cover the Fairplay event
13 Oct — U7, U8, U9, U10 and U11 age group Fairplay winners from last season with their award and Wycombe Wanderers’ Chairman, Ivor Beeks, at today’s match at Adams Park. More photos added 17 October. | Report | Full table of results
12 Oct 2001– Directions to Aylesbury Athletic and Marlow added — Next General Meeting announced for 26 November at Penn & Tylers Green clubhouse.
— Detail from the handbook about procedures for setting up fixtures is now on this website.
12 Sept — Map to Bucks CC pitch added — Fairplay Score cards now arriving with Team managers —
26 Aug 2001 — Wycombe Wanderers, sponsors of the Fairplay prize, provide tickets for Fairplay winner teams to attend the 13th Oct match.
28 July — Fixtures published for next season, including online weather forecasts, calendar, and a request for U9 managers seeking weekly fixtures to make contact.
19 July – Emergency Aid course planned for November 2001
20 June 2001– U10 team required to buddy up; SBMSC welcomes new club, Strides FC; With two consecutive wins of the U8 Fairplay Award, Pitstone & Ivingoe kindly donate their prize to runners up in the U8 group.
18 June 2001– Results of Fairplay league published for 2000/01 second half of the season. Five teams win tickets to Wycombe Wanderers FC
10 May 2001 — Wycombe Wanderers FC are to sponsor prize tickets for 2nd half-season’s Fairplay league winners ; Due to growth in information on this website an Advanced search facility has been added; Modifications to Fairplay rules;
4 April 2001– Annual General Meeting confirmed for 8pm 19 June 2001 at Prestwood FC, Honor Lane.
28 March — Wycombe Wanderers veteran Dave Carroll presents Fairplay shield to five of our teams – report and photos.
17 March 2001– Loudwater tournament cancelled as a Foot & Mouth precaution.
10 March 2001 — FA Junior Team Manager course will be fittted into Saturday 24th March, without the need for a friday evening session on 23rd as originally planned.
2 Mar 2001 – — Prize ceremony planned for the Fairplay league winners at the 17th March Wycombe Wanderers match.
2 Mar 2001 — St Peters U11 disbands, fixtures cancelled.
23 Jan 2001 — FA Junior Team Manager course is to run in March. Team coaches and helpers sign up now!
12 Jan 2001 — 2001 tournament bulletin board starts.
– Backpass rule clarified explicity (all age groups).
6 Jan 2001 — Fairplay League “top 5” tables published for first half of season. Five lucky teams get prizes sponsored by Wycombe Wanderers FC.
6 Jan 2001 — Frequently Asked Questions added
26 Nov 2000 — 21/11 General Meeting highlights
Chairman announces he is to resign;
New method for grouping teams within age groups (including monitoring of scores);
Some U10 results to be published internally;
Training course coordinator required;
Back pass and other rules clarified;
Timetable for registering new or buddy teams
6 Nov 2000 — FA Junior Team Manager course details
15 Sep 2000 – Wycombe District Council sponsors Fair Play League encouraging good sportsmanship.
June 2000 — Manager guide to fees & new U7 & U8 team sizes
24 March 2000 — Pre-match preparation guidelines for SBMSC fixtures are published
29 Feb 2000 — The F.A. is to trial a new form of mini Soccer for the Under 11 age group in Buckinghamshire next season — Next season, starting September 2000 a new conference for the Under 11 year group will run trials of a new format soccer that will bridge the gap between mini soccer and the full football rules. This new format will be trialled for the F.A. here in Buckinghamshire.
In Europe, most countries organise full 11-a-side football starting at 14 years of age, but here in England we move up from small sided games at 11 years. From Under 7 up to this age, many FA-affiliated clubs from the Wycombe to Aylesbury area play small sided games in the South Bucks Mini Soccer Conference, using rules that are suited to these young ages.
The SBMSC is helping with the development of the new rules which will bridge the gap between the full “adult” rules currently played at this age group, and the simplified rules played by younger age groups. The new rules require ratification by the FA, but at Under 11 there is an increase of players contact time with the ball by making matches nine-a-side. Rolling substitution during matches will be allowed – even encouraged – so that clubs can run reasonable sized squads if they want to. At a consultative meeting on the 29th February attended by representatives of eleven of the clubs participating at Under 10 in the South Bucks Mini Soccer Conference, detailed options relating to fixture format and rules were discussed.
Some of the clubs were able to commit to enter a team into the new conference. Most of the other attending representatives will be discussing the proposals with their clubs before reaching a final decision. The new conference is still seeking further teams to join.
The new conference will not be replacing existing 11-a-side leagues for this age group, so teams will have a choice of which type of game suits them. The South Bucks Mini Soccer Conference will continue to run small sided games for Under 10 down to Under 7 age groups.The trial follows representations made by the South Bucks Mini Soccer Conference (SBMSC) to the F.A Mini Soccer working party.
December 1999 — South Bucks Mini Soccer Conference official website goes live. Main featuers are Fixtures, rules, and Parents code of conduct.
1990’s — South Bucks Mini Soccer Conference is founded.